Shady Grove Park
Shady Grove Park is the best recreational park on Eagle Mountain Lake. The park is a very nice 24-acre park on the southwest side of the lake. Shady Grove Park has a heavily treed playground area with walking trails, picnic tables, and a pavilion. The park also has two very nice softball fields (available to rent) and a tennis court. There is also a beach area with public swimming.
If you are looking for a great place to get away for a picnic on the lake north of Fort Worth, this is a great spot to spend the day.
- Walking trail
- Children’s playground
- Volleyball court
- Lighted tennis courts
- Boat ramp (Oct 1, 2012 – closed until further notice due to low water level)
- Fishing pier
- Lighted softball fields
- Beach area offering public swimming
This really is a phenomenal park with plenty to do. There are also many areas available for a quiet picnic.
The boat ramp is currently out of the water and seemed very short and shallow. This ramp looked good for launching kayaks and small watercraft when the water is up.
- $10 per hour for residents
- $15 per hour for non-residents
- Ballfield rental $10 per hour without lights / $16 per hour with lights
- All day rental $70 per day
- One additional field $10 per day
Ph: (817) 444-2541